Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I have a couple of things I like. I am posting pictures below. Here is where I need your help! Which do you like? What are you doing for your wedding or what did you do?
I like the book below. Its by Martha Stewart Crafts. This is similar to what my sister did at her wedding except she had glass hurricanes and guests could drop in a little note. I like the idea of people writing you a note. Its personal and therefore, more meaningful.
Another idea that I have seen lately is purchasing a coffee table book and then guests can sign it. I love this book below. If I went this route, I would purchase one book about Virginia and one about Missouri - to cover both of our home states!
I think this is my favorite idea. Its a tray that guests can sign. Its from "I do engraveables." Although its similar to a traditional guestbook because guests would just leave a signature, I would use it frequently and I would be reminded of our special day and the people who celebrated with us.
Monday, July 28, 2008
The girls section was not as hot. However, I got some cute white pants (on-sale) and a couple button down shirts (also on sale), so I was happy.
PS - I couldn't find pictures of any of the stuff online, so I guess it was in-store only. Head over there!
Friday, July 25, 2008
*Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
*Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of post.
Bust a Move – I think I was a freshman in college when I first heard this song – this was shocking to some of my friends. I instantly loved it and it kind of became our “going out” theme song, when I was in college.
Mariah Carey’s Heartbreaker – My friend, bridesmaid, & former roommate, L and I had many a dance party with Mariah Carey’s Greatest Hits. This often included jumping on couches and singing into hairbrushes . . . most likely on Friday afternoons after our last class.
Air Supply – I’m All Out of Love – A few weekends ago, when we were painting, my Mom and I broke out into song when this came on. My Mom had Air Supply’s greatest hits and we used to listen to it all the time . . .
Celebration – Kool & the Gang – My real friends know how much I love this song! It’s my favorite party song. I know its cliché, but it usually gets the party going. It’s funny how many of my friends tell me that they always think of me when they hear this song. I might have requested it one too many times at a sorority function . . .
Dancing in the Moonlight – King Harvest – I always listen to this entire song when I hear it on the radio. I don’t think I will ever get tired of it. I think it’s the perfect cocktail party kind of music. It makes me happy.
I am never very good at knowing who has done what tags - so here are the people I am tagging, but if you have already done it, no worries :)
Virginia Living, Some Like it Southern, Kikibee, One Fabulous Mom, Downtown Southern, MMM, Southern Newlywed
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Thank you dear friend. Thank you for your kindness and words of encouragement.
A. Attached or Single? Attached
B. Best Friend? yes
C. Cake or pie? Cake all the way – I love yellow cake with buttercream icing
D. Day of choice? Saturday – I get to sleep in!
E. Essential item? Flip-flops
F. Favorite color? Pink
G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears, but I love most gummy candy so I am not picky.
H. Home town? Somewhere in Virginia
I. Favorite indulgence? I love a piece of cake and some vanilla ice cream. See “C” (no pun intended).
J. January or July? July – summer is my season.
K. Kids? One day
L. Life isn’t complete without? Fiancé, friends, & family.
M. Marriage date? 9-13-08
N. Number of brothers and sisters? I have an older sister, a younger brother, and a younger sister.
O. Oranges or Apples? Apples, I have never really been okay with “working” for my food and oranges are too hard to peel.
P. Phobias? Snakes – ask my sister about this one
Q. Quotes? “Never, never, never give up.”
R. Reasons to smile? My niece and nephew. They are so cute and they leave me the most adorable voicemails. I have a lot of reasons to smile though.
S. Season of choice? Summer!
T. Tag 5 people: I don't know who has done it . . . so anyone who wants to play! Let me know if you post this.
U. Unknown fact about me? I don’t like chocolate cake. I won’t eat it even if that’s all there is. This is surprising to most people because I love dessert!
V. Vegetable? Probably lima beans. I like vegetables, so its hard to pick just one.
W. Worst habit? I get road rage – pretty bad.
X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Not sure what this means. I guess ultrasound?
Y. Your favorite food? Pizza – pepperoni from Papa John’s.
Z. Zodiac sign? Gemini.
(Another)Z. Which zoo animal is your favorite? I don’t like zoo’s, so I never go to them. They just bother me on some level.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? A lot of random stuff – I don’t even know what’s back there
2. When was the last time you threw up? I think it was November – Fiance will tell you about it
3. What's your favorite curse word? Damn
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? My fiancé, Kikibee, my co-worker
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Taking a shower
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Talking to someone at work
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Pilates
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? No
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? Sure
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Birthday cake
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Diet Coke
13. What was the last thing you ate? Sushi
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yes, a red dress from Old Navy.
15. When was the last time you ran? Yesterday evening
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? I can’t remember
18. Who is the last person you emailed? My friend Laura
19. Ever go camping? Yes – not really a nature girl
20. Do you have a tan? A very light one
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Only when I am drinking a fountain soda
25. What did your last IM say? Ok
26. Are you someone's best friend? Yes
27. What are you doing tomorrow? Working
28. Where is your mom right now? At Work, I think
29. Look to your left, what do you see? My printer
30. What color is your watch? Silver
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ? Crocodile Dundee
32. Would you consider plastic surgery? Yes.
33. What is your birthstone? Pearl
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? It depends, if the drive through is long, I will go in.
35.How many kids do you want? Not telling
36. Do you have a dog? No
37. Last person you talked to on the phone? Fiancé
38. Have you met anyone famous? No
39. Any plans today? No – I am going to pilates after work and then maybe try to get my hair highlighted – I need it!
40. How many states have you lived in? 1
41. Ever go to college? yes
42. Where are you right now? my office
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Bad drivers
44. Last song listened to? Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
46. Are you allergic to anything? Cats
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Flip-flops
48. Are you jealous of anyone? Not really, I’m pretty happy.
49. Is anyone jealous of you? No
51. What time is it? 2:46 p.m.
52. Do any of your friends have children? yes
53. Do you eat healthy? Yes, I really work on this, its not easy for me
54. What do you usually do during the day? Work
55. Do you hate anyone right now? I try not to
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? No, I say “hey” or “hi”
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? I don’t want to say – I feel old
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes
60. How did you get one of your scars? I busted my knee on the fireplace while I was dancing to New Kids on the Block – it was the first time I remember getting stitches
I'm back! We had a great trip. The Royals won - so that always makes the game so much more fun. The brunch shower was lovely and my future mother in law out did herself. I received some really nice gifts. I can't wait to get them set up in my new house!
We saw Made of Honor on saturday night. I loved it! Of course, I always love these kinds of movies and I am a hopeless romantic. How was your weekend? I will be catching up on your blogs over the next few days :)
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Monday, July 7, 2008
I love this Dragonfly stamp. I just think its so pretty. The only problem is what kind of stamp to put on the response envelope? Yes, sorry, I am that OCD that I actually want it to match!
I also saw this stamp. How adorable would that be for the rehearsal dinner invitations??? I love it - I only wonder how many people would actually notice it? :)
1 – shower invitation received
2 – number of nights we went out
0 – number of fireworks seen
8 – number of Harry Potter’s watched – at least according to Fiance
15 – wines tasted at the wine festival
3 – times getting caught in the rain
1 – dinner cooked
too hard to count – number of hugs from my sweet Fiance