Sunday, June 21, 2009

hey there

Sorry for being a bad blogger for the past few months. So, what have I been up to? Well, things have been a bit busy around here. I know that’s not much of an excuse – because we’re all busy! My biggest news is that we bought a house! It needs some work, but nothing we can’t handle. I have been busying myself with home decorating magazines, paint chips, dream kitchens and favorite fabrics. I love it, although the clutter is getting a little out of control.

This past weekend we went up to NYC for my birthday. The trip is deserving of it’s own post. I will try to do that this week.

On to the new house, we are going to clean the house first (it desperately needs it). Next step, we are painting. Then we’ll refinish the hardwood floors. We are going to re-do the kitchen. It needs new counter-tops and new floors. I am going to keep the cabinets and just paint them a fresh color. I love to cook and entertain, so the kitchen was an important room for me. I think I will take before and after pictures. The before pictures might be a little scary though! The former owners had a soft spot for beaches and seashells. I think the previous lady of the house went a little crazy with a hot glue gun and some shells.

I hope all of you are fabulous . . . I’m sure you are! I miss you all!

PS – I saw an old friend recently and she told me to stop posting about Silpada and start posting about myself – it was hilarious. So, if you are reading – announce yourself! We need a girls weekend and we can have it in my new house!

14 comments:

Paula@SweetPea said...

It's good to see you back! Congratulations on your new home. You'll have lots of posts as you complete each project. Please tell us about your NYC trip, that sounds like fun!

Liz said...

I have missed reading your blog, glad your back!

Hopsy said...

Glad you are back and how exciting that you bought a house!!

Always Organizing said...

Glad you are back! Congrats on the house :)

Princess Freckles said...

So glad you're back! Congrats on the new house! Boy can I relate to the woes of decoarators past! My small bathroom when we moved in had "wallpaper" that was essentially leaves glued over tinfoil with a netting on top! I kid you not! It was a nightmare to get off! Now, the whole house is painted! NO wallpaper!

Little Bow Prep said...

I'm glad you are back!

Congrats on your new house purchase :)

Buford Betty said...

Glad you're back!!!

Kim said...

So glad you're back - congratulations on your new house! What an exciting time for you!

WishLaura said...

Hi! I'm sorry to leave a comment instead of emailing you...I couldn't find another way to contact you.

You have my blog, Soiree Special Events, listed as a wedding planning resource. Thank you! We actually moved the blog to a new domain last year. Would you mind updating the link and text? You can find us at:

Wish Special Events
http://www.wishspecialevents.com/blog

It has all the same kind of great content you're used to (plus some fun extras). Thanks again for linking to us!

Kiki said...

I'm so glad that you popped in...I have also been taking a break from blogging....so its good to know others are too!!!

Excited about your house, can't wait to hear all about it, and your trip to your NY!!!!

The Mrs. said...

I wanna see the house!

Anonymous said...

S,
As you know, I love your blog! I agree on a girls weekend at your new house! Your sis and I will need lots of wine after departing from our 3 kids...we can always go to Trader Joe's where your mom (gotta love her!) says they have great boxed wine! Ha! It was great to see you at M's birthday party!
XOXO!
T

AJ said...

If you need a rep, let me know!

kanishk said...

I have missed reading your blog,
wagyu beef