Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Graces



Pictured above is the current state of my dining room. I am getting ready for our little cocktail party next weekend and I've been polishing my silver. Experience has taught me that it is much more fun and MUCH less stressful to be lighting candles instead of polishing silver right before your guests arrive. I've done both and although the smell of Tarn-X is unique (think sulfur), I prefer scented candles.

As I was polishing my tea service, I was inspired for this week's Sunday Graces. Many of you probably already know this, but I can never remember. Which pot is for tea and which is for coffee? I then thought of the old nursery rhyme, "I'm a little teapot short and stout," but I wanted to look it up just to be sure. Well, after looking through all of my etiquette books, none of them address which pot is for tea and which is for coffee. So I am going to assume that the nursery rhyme is correct and the pot that is "short and stout" is for the tea.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Sterling Life Photo said...

You are right, the shorter one is for tea! The big one is for coffee! Love you!