Monday, June 16, 2008

Certain Girls


I just finished listening to this book on a cd. It was really good. I have loved Jennifer Weiner's other books but its been awhile since I read one. This one started off slow but towards the second half I was hooked.

The book is the sequel to Good in Bed. Cannie is now a mother to a thirteen year old girl, Joy. The book alternates between Cannie and Joy as narrators. The audio book was cool because it had an adult narrator for Cannie and a young girl narrator for Joy.

I thought the characters were well developed and the plot was good too. I think Jennifer Weiner has a great talent for exploring various emotions. I love the way she talks about things that everyone thinks, but doesn't always say. I would definitely recommend this book, especially for a quick beach read.

9 comments:

Muffy said...

Oh, I just LOVE Jennifer Weiners books! I'll have to add this to my summer reading list! Thanks for the tip! ;)

Red and White Preppy said...

I enjoyed it, too! I can imagine that the different narrators was a plus. Hope you had a great weekend :)

Life, Love & Lola said...

I love her books too.

Paul Pincus said...

my sister, amy, loves jennifer weiner's work!

excellent weblog.

cheers.

pinkpolkadotaa said...

I loved the book Good In Bed. Cannie has made a few appearances in JW's books. I believe I must put this book on my list to read this Summer!

Kappa Prep said...

This sounds good and very appealing escpecially the book on tape. I might have to track down a copy for a long drive. Thank you for the tip!

Lauren said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I am on the lookout for a fun summer read.

Enjoy your week!

Paula said...

I just finished "In Her Shoes" and loved it. I read "Good in Bed" and few years ago and liked it. I'm going to add this book to my to read list.

Happy Homemaker said...

Love Jennifer Weiner... thanks for the recommendation!