Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Warning - if you haven't seen it, you might want to skip the post



I am not going to give too much away, but I'm not gonna lie to ya, I was a little under-whelmed by the movie. It was good, but in my opinion, it wasn't as good as the series. I kind of felt like the end was predictable. I also felt like the characters were almost doing parodies of themselves and it was like Sex in the City on Steroids. Some of the scenes were just a little too cheesy and I didn't feel like the characters were being themselves - does that make sense?

That being said, I left happy and I was glad I saw it. There were some truly hilarious scenes. I don't know, maybe my expectations were too high. Sorry for being Debbie-Downer. Feel free to let me know what you thought in the comments!

2 comments:

Muffy said...

I had really high expectations too. I really enjoyed it, but I was totally prepared to not be. When you anticipate something for SO long, you really have a certain idea of what you expect.

Tara Vorhes said...

I tried to keep my expectations low... as so often movies just are disappointing these days. I enjoyed but but definitely agree that is was like the series on steroids... and enough of the shrieking! I think I might have enjoyed all the story lines as another season more than as a movie... hmmm. but still enjoyed it!