Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Audrey


My parents gave me Audrey Style when I was in college. I really love this book. Even though I have had it for quite awhile now, I still look through it fairly regularly. The author is an excellent writer and the book has a lot of good style tips in it. I can't remember if Audrey Style was written before Jackie Style or not. They are both great books though. My personal favorite part of each book is the section where she goes over "whats in their closet." She highlights some of their signature styles and the pieces that made their style famous.


Today, while I was looking on Amazon, I saw that she has written a new book about Audrey, What Would Audrey Do. Yes, I have already ordered it. I am really excited for it to get here. One of the reasons I love this author, Pamela Keogh, is because she discusses Audrey as a person, not just a fashion icon. Of course Audrey Hepburn was beautiful, a talented actress, and a fashion icon. However, she was also a very caring person with a beautiful soul. She dedicated so much of her life to helping others. I am looking forward to this read. I will keep you posted.

7 comments:

Muffy said...

AWWW! This book looks DARLING! I may have to order a copy for myself! Great post!!!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I can't wait to hear your review! I love Audrey Hepburn.

Enjoy your week!

Stella's World said...

My youngest daughter Dulcinea sent me a postcard from Rome entitled "Vacanze Romane"("Roman Vacation")when she was studying abroad in her 3rd year at UCF. The postcard has 9 scenes from that movie on it.She said "every day I'm here I feel like Audrey Hepburn". I think I'll go rent the movie!!

Kiki said...

{{sighs}} Audrey, so lovely and what a philanthropist, I can't wait to hear about this book!!!

The Mrs. said...

She was amazing. Do we even have any one like her today?

Muffy said...

UPDATE! I went to Anthropologie last night and they had TONS of Audrey and Jackie books including this one and "What would Jackie do?" You simply MUST check it out when you get a chance!

Unknown said...

Audrey was an amazing woman - a true survivor. Thanks for letting me know about the book.