Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jamaica - the Honeymoon

Sorry for my lack of meaningful posts lately. I am recovering from a sinus infection - yucky. One of my sweet blog friends - Kikibee asked where we were going on the honeymoon. I don't think that I have told you all. We are going to Sandals. Whenever I say to Fiance, "lets talk about the wedding" his standard reply is "lets talk about the honeymoon." We are both excited!


When we got engaged, one of the first things we talked about was the honeymoon. Initially, I wanted Fiance to surprise me - um, yeah, that lasted about a week. Once I started hitting those bridal magazines pretty hard, I decided I wanted more of a say in it. We both wanted to go somewhere relaxing and we didn't want to feel pressure to sight see. Just the beach and each other. Fiance did all the leg work and he asked how I felt about Jamaica. I was thrilled! Honestly, I didn't really care, as long as we could go to the beach. I have never been to the islands or Mexico or any place like that. I always wanted to go for Spring Break, when I was in college, but I never had the money.


So have any of you been here? Or any Sandals resort? Do you have any tips or advice? I am going to do some more research when it gets closer to the wedding. In the meantime, I have been doing a little shopping for the Honeymoon.


(this is a picture of what our room is supposed to look like, sorry its the best I could find)

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I have a lot of friends who have all gone to Jamaica and they all loved it! Oh the honeymoon is one of the best parts of getting married!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Have fun! We had the best time on our honeymoon! Now we are saving to go on a second honeymoon trip. Honestly, I think our honeymoon was the highlight of our wedding festivities.

Enjoy your day!

Kim said...

Thanks for the dress website, I'm bookmarking it for future reference!

The Mrs. said...

I've been to Ocho Rios and went to the most fabulous restaurant which I cannot remember the name! Wait Sans Souci? I think that was it. Also did dunns river falls amazing! Never done a sandals, let me know where it is!

Preppy Money Penny said...

My hubby and I took a vacation to Sandals Whitehouse last September and it felt like a 2nd honeymoon...we absolutely loved it!

Kiki said...

I have been visiting the sisters so I just got to check in and am so excited that you shared where you are going....it is going to be fabulous and all you need is the beach and each other, the rest is negotiable!!!! I have not been there, but I know lots of people who have and they have loved it, I know you are going to have a great time!!!!!