Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm proud to be an American

(Pentagon flag from 9/11)


I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday. If you are serving our country, if you have a family member who is or has served our country, or if you have friends serving or who have served - please thank them for me. I am so proud of all of our service men and women who courageously serve our country. I thank them for protecting our freedoms and for risking their lives on behalf of all Americans.

I am off this weekend. We have our pre-marital counseling on saturday and then I think we are heading to the beach. Perhaps a little cook-out too. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Ditto for me! Great post!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I hope you have a nice Memorial Day weekend!

Muffy said...

God Bless America!!!!!! :)

122LOVESME said...

I will let my fiance know. And thank you to you.

Kiki said...

I love this pic and that you posted it, so lovely!!!

Stella's World said...

Thank You for that fabulous post. I went to the parade here in town with my husband. It brought tears to my eyes to see so many patriots out. The riderless horse with the boots turned backwards was especially emotional as was listening to the band playing taps. It was very uplifting to see people dressed in red,white and blue and see all that flag waving!