Tuesday, May 13, 2008

weekend re-cap

I had a wonderful weekend with my Mom. It was the perfect girls' weekend. On friday, Mom arrived shortly after I got home from work. We had some wine and then headed out for pizza. We came home and tried watching Becoming Jane, but honestly, I was so bored that I had to turn it off and we watched HGTV. I probably should give it a second chance but I've already mailed it back in.

On saturday,while I was still sleeping, my sweet Mom went to a yard sale and picked up some lovely silver holloware for me. Its nice to have a mom who is an early bird! After that we ate a quick breakfast and headed to the fabric store. Check out my Mom's blog for pics of what we got. I am super excited. After the fabric store we went to this tiny farmer's market - it was amazing. As soon as we walked in - we were in heaven.

We topped off the day with a little boutique shopping. I picked up a new Molly B dress. Its a simple white linen shift with a grosgrain belt. It will be great for summer. Then a trip to the mall and of course, Target.

For dinner I made (with Mom's help) London broil, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. On sunday, we went to mass and then I made my Mom a Mother's Day breakfast before she headed back. All in all, it was a pretty fabulous weekend with my fabulous Mom!

3 comments: