After tonight, I am not sure what I am going to do on thursday nights . . . maybe finishing up my wedding plans :)
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
*** All photos are from the Associated Press ***
Prince Harry is totally cute. I used to think William was the cuter of the princes, but now, definitely Harry. I know I might be in the minority here, but I don't get the Brits and their hats. The butterfly ensemble just looks weird to me.
The happy couple . . . the tiara was on loan from the bride's mother in law.
I think this is the "official" wedding photograph. I read that the queen had no idea the pictures were being sold. I think its kind of sad, but I can't say that I blame them.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Holiday. If you are serving our country, if you have a family member who is or has served our country, or if you have friends serving or who have served - please thank them for me. I am so proud of all of our service men and women who courageously serve our country. I thank them for protecting our freedoms and for risking their lives on behalf of all Americans.
I am off this weekend. We have our pre-marital counseling on saturday and then I think we are heading to the beach. Perhaps a little cook-out too. Have a great weekend!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
I included this one because it just felt very man-bedroom-type. However, I am not crazy about it.
This picture (below) is his great room. This leads into the kitchen. I love the staircase by the fireplace.
Here is the family room.
The kitchen. I love the countertops and I think the cabinets are beautiful.
Another angle of the kitchen:
I think this is the downstairs powder room:
A guest bedroom:
Another guest bedroom:
I LOVE the master bathroom. The soaking tub is so nice.
Monday, May 19, 2008
I have been wanting something to wear while I get ready for the wedding. I'm getting ready at my parents' house and the professionals are going to come to us. I think this little wrap will be perfect!
Finally, I realize this might not be as exciting as the Lilly, but it was for me. I found a Jones New York suit for $30. When you wear a suit to work everyday, finding a navy, wool, pinstripe, skirt suit for $30 is exciting. I'm a dork . . . I am okay with it.
Friday, May 16, 2008
I want the large one of these for the beach and the honeymoon.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
(The Smocking Bird)
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
On saturday,while I was still sleeping, my sweet Mom went to a yard sale and picked up some lovely silver holloware for me. Its nice to have a mom who is an early bird! After that we ate a quick breakfast and headed to the fabric store. Check out my Mom's blog for pics of what we got. I am super excited. After the fabric store we went to this tiny farmer's market - it was amazing. As soon as we walked in - we were in heaven.
We topped off the day with a little boutique shopping. I picked up a new Molly B dress. Its a simple white linen shift with a grosgrain belt. It will be great for summer. Then a trip to the mall and of course, Target.
For dinner I made (with Mom's help) London broil, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob. On sunday, we went to mass and then I made my Mom a Mother's Day breakfast before she headed back. All in all, it was a pretty fabulous weekend with my fabulous Mom!
Friday, May 9, 2008
My Mom is coming to visit this weekend! We are going to this HUGE fabric store tomorrow and getting stuff for my veil. I think tonight we'll take it easy and maybe walk to one of the restaurants up the street from me.
I also picked up the bridesmaids gifts today! I love them and I think my girls will too. I'm not going to post a picture of what I got because I want it to be a surprise. I think one or two of them peek at my blog occasionally :)
I was at Bath & Body Works to pick up a little something for my Mama. I don't usually shop there (its kind of out of the way) but I was at the mall and I wanted to get something for Mom. They have the handsoaps on sale 5 for $10 - which is cheaper than most at the grocery store. So I am stocked up for awhile!
Again, I hope you all have great weekends. Yay for fridays!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
1. I am one of four children
2. I hate talking on the phone
3. I don’t really like voicemail either
4. I ran cross country in high school
5. I ran track too
6. I have one brother
7. I have two sisters
8. My fiancé is one of four children as well
9. I don’t want to drive a mini van when I have children
10. I need to learn how to drive an SUV
11. Fiance is convinced that once I test drive an SUV, I will not want one
12. I love to buy new pens
13. I especially like brightly colored pens
14. when I was growing up, I always wanted to be a lawyer
15. I used to play dress-up and pretend that I was a lawyer going to court
16. I had a pair of pink pleather high heels and I thought it was just what I would wear when I became a lawyer
17. my mom named me after herself; I think this is funny
18. she told my dad she was going to do it when he was dropping her off at the door to the hospital
19. I am addicted to seersucker
20. I still remember when I bought my first seersucker dress; it was from Ann Taylor Loft
21. I waited tables on and off for almost 8 years
22. I was in a sorority in college
23. I hated middle school
24. high school was better
25. I lived for college
26. I have been planning my wedding since I was 7
27. my sister and I used to beg my mother to buy us bride magazines at the grocery store
28. When I got engaged, my Mom told Fiance that all I needed was him
29. sometimes, okay a lot of times, I make up cheers for Fiance
30. he says I missed my calling as a cheerleader
31. I love to read
32. I used to love the Babysitters’ Club books when I was little
33. I would call Walden Books to find out when the newest one was coming out and then my mom or dad would take me to get it
34. I was really excited to rent the movie
35. Sadly, this was when I was in high school
36. what can I say, I love happy movies
37. I will go to the movies by myself if there is a movie I really want to see
38. I actually like going to the movies by myself
39. but not on Friday or Saturday nights
40. I heart chick-fil-a
41. my favorite movie is Sabrina, with Audrey Hepburn
42. I like old movies
43. My little sister and I used to beg my mom to rent Gidget for us
44. even though we had seen it 20 times
45. I once watched Billy Madison 6 times in a row with that sister
46. it became more hilarious the more we watched it
47. at least in our minds
48. my sister and brother then decided to only talk in “Billy Speak”
49. my favorite color is pink
50. I hardly ever wear black now
51. when I first graduated from college, I wore black all the time
52. I thought it was very chic
53. when I was growing up, we would have pizza for dinner every Friday
54. pizza is my favorite food
55. I love dresses
56. I am tired of the excuse “I’m so busy”
57. I lived in my sorority house my senior year of college
58. my sorority house was downtown
59. after we went out we would sit on the porch and rate guys who were walking home from the bars
60. we would race home at last call to do this
61. the first time I ever heard “Bust a move” was my freshman year of college
62. the only foreign country I have ever been to is Italy
63. I would like to have an apartment in Florence one day
64. I would like to have a Vespa there too
65. when I was little I used to day dream about being a lawyer when I was grown-up
66. I used to think about the cute little house that I would have
67. and I used to get excited because I would be able to buy whatever barbies and candy I wanted since I would have so much money
68. I used to think that I would have a room just for my barbies
69. when I was little I was convinced that I would never get tired of playing with barbies, then almost overnight I found that I wasn’t really interested in them anymore
70. even though I always wanted to be a lawyer, I didn’t know if I could do the whole law school thing
71. Legally Blonde inspired me to go to law school
72. I figured if Elle Woods could do it, so could I
73. I am not joking about #72
74. If there was ever a movie about my life, I would want Reese Whitherspoon to play my part
75. but I would be okay with Drew Barrymore too
76. when I was little, my mom made all four of us kids do swim team
77. I loathed it
78. but now I am grateful that I know how to swim
79. one time, I decided that because I was so mad at my mom for making me do this, I would simply not get in the pool when the gun went off for my race
80. my mother came up behind me and threw me in the pool
81. she was quickly forgiven however because she was holding a Krispy Kreme donut at the finish line
82. Krispy Kreme donuts were the only good thing abut swim meets
83. Fiance is my favorite person
84. I love talking to him
85. he thinks I am smarter
86. I think he is smarter
87. I hate restaurants that have pepsi instead of coke, sometimes this factors into my decision of where I want to eat
88. I take at least two showers every day
89. I like being clean
90. when I was little, I would not use a public restroom if it was too dirty
91. I used to be afraid of public speaking, now I actually kind of like it
92. when I was little, Halloween was my favorite holiday
93. my mom says that I used to get more excited about Halloween than Christmas or my birthday
94. I get seriously annoyed when a man cuts in front of a woman or lets a door close on a woman
95. I grew up thinking that all men were gentlemen. Probably because my dad is and my grandfathers were.
96. I have a few good friends
97. I would rather have a few really good friends than several okay friends
98. I have a good family
99. I have an amazing future husband
100. I am happy
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
time is going so quickly
‘til we say I do
Ladies - do you have any suggestions?
PS - I am working on a Haiku post. See One Fabulous Mom. I am very excited about this
Monday, May 5, 2008
The invitations are very classic and traditional. The picture shows the actual invitation. Then I will have an inner and outer envelope. There is also the response card and response envelope. Finally, there is a reception card. I am very excited and I love my invitations. I ordered the invites from Reave's Engraving. The prices were very reasonable. This is actually the same company that my parent's wedding invitations were ordered from.
I decided to go with the thermography instead of engraving. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the two. So, in my opinion, it wasn't worth the extra money to have them engraved.
Friday, May 2, 2008
(Echard Wheeler Photography)
Thursday, May 1, 2008
When we got engaged, one of the first things we talked about was the honeymoon. Initially, I wanted Fiance to surprise me - um, yeah, that lasted about a week. Once I started hitting those bridal magazines pretty hard, I decided I wanted more of a say in it. We both wanted to go somewhere relaxing and we didn't want to feel pressure to sight see. Just the beach and each other. Fiance did all the leg work and he asked how I felt about Jamaica. I was thrilled! Honestly, I didn't really care, as long as we could go to the beach. I have never been to the islands or Mexico or any place like that. I always wanted to go for Spring Break, when I was in college, but I never had the money.
So have any of you been here? Or any Sandals resort? Do you have any tips or advice? I am going to do some more research when it gets closer to the wedding. In the meantime, I have been doing a little shopping for the Honeymoon.
(this is a picture of what our room is supposed to look like, sorry its the best I could find)